Maybe it’s because I’m baking a bunch of banana, apple, and pumpkin breads for a bake sale today – but I’ve got sweet, autumn-themed treats on the brain! I thought it might be fun to do a round-up of healthy (and okay, maybe a few not-so-healthy) breakfast ideas that are inspired by the flavors of the season.
After all, if you don’t eat an inspiring breakfast, how can you expect to feel inspired the rest of the day?
- Normally, I’m not a big fan of oatmeal at any time of the day (okay, unless it’s baked into cookies!). But this pumpkin oatmeal recipe might just be the thing to convert me!
- Speaking of pumpkin and my obsession with it, how about these cinnamon & sugar pumpkin muffins? I can barely stop myself from jumping into the kitchen and baking up a batch right now!
- I’m not much of a squash eater, but bake zucchini into a bread or other tasty treat and I’m all over it. I recently discovered this recipe for chocolate chip zucchini bread, and it was a big hit with my family, too!
- If you want to be a little healthier, try out this combo of zucchini, bananas and flaxseed in a muffin. Hearty, plus fruits and veggies!
- Or, for you oatmeal lovers out there, turn your zucchini bread into an oatmeal recipe!
- These basic oatmeal squares make a hearty breakfast on the go, and would probably be easy to adapt to other flavors. Did anybody say pumpkin?
- Spice cake + banana bread sounds like a winner in my book. Spiced banana bread here we come!
So, what’s YOUR favorite autumn-inspired breakfast recipe? Share it with us in the comments below!Read More