Welcome to #ThinkCreateReflect, your bi-monthly dose of brain food!
When I was in elementary school, I had an art teacher (sorry, fabulous art teacher, I don’t remember your actual name!). I remember that when I would create a piece of art in her class and show it to her, she would always tell me to add just one more thing. Field of flowers? Add a tree. Barn? Add some animals. Spooky forest? Throw in some crows. (Or whatever … you get the idea.)
At the time, that always frustrated me, because of course my art was perfect just the way it was! How dare she ask me to add more to it? (Ahh, hindsight!)
As adults, this often happens in business life as well. We think everything is perfect – we’re offering our customers exactly what they need. Our products are awesome. Our listings are beautifully crafted. There’s not possibly one more thing any of it needs! Right? …
So today I challenge you to look at your business through the eyes of an elementary school art teacher. Where can you add just one more thing to make your business just that much better?
Here are some ideas in case you’re stuck:
- one more product to round out a line
- another color option for an existing product
- a photo of your product in action as part of the listing
- a testimonial of your services somewhere noticeable on your website
- a customization option for one of your products or services
- an add-on product or package
- gift wrapping services, or free gift note with any purchase (’tis the season, after all)
What’s your one more thing? Share it with us in the comments!