Welcome back to Friday Fun! This week I’ve had cookbooks on the brain, which is pretty unusual for me as I don’t enjoy cooking, as a general rule.
But put my nerdy interests into the mix and I’m a total sucker! So with that in mind, I’m rounding up a few really fun cookbooks for you to check out for yourselves!
Fun Fandom Cookbooks:
- Geeky Chef Cookbook – A really fun all-around read, featuring recipes from a ton of nerd-doms including Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Portal.
- The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook – The series may be over, but you can still host a rockin’ good party in the great hall with these recipes! Great for wizards & muggles alike.
- Dining with the Doctor – This is an unauthorized Whovian cookbook, full of foods any time traveler would love to come home to.
- An Unexpected Cookbook – Cook like a Hobbit with this book, full of recipes directly from the kitchens of the Shire.
- The Redwall Cookbook – The author of this fantasy series has made a companion cookbook to go with the delicious dishes mentioned in the stories.
- The Green Eggs & Ham Cookbook – This one goes beyond putting food coloring in your breakfast. It’s filled with whimsical recipes inspired by everybody’s favorite children’s author, Dr. Seuss.
- A Feast of Ice & Fire – If you’ve ever read one of the books (or seen the TV series, Game of Thrones), you’ll know that food plays a major role. The descriptions in the novels are, quite literally, mouth-watering. Now, author George R.R. Martin can stop teasing us (the recipes are coming!), because the cookbook is actually here.
- Wood for Sheep – This cookbook is based on the classic tabletop board game, Settlers of Catan. It includes recipes tailored to fit almost any dietary requirement, too, so you don’t have to give up on good food just because half your gaming buddies have food allergies.
So … what nerdy concoctions will you be cooking up this weekend? Share them with us in the comments!