What to wear to a wedding – that’s always the question, isn’t it? Whether you’re attending the wedding as a guest or you’re going to be working in some capacity (wedding planner, assistant, decorating) – it’s important to look your best and still be comfortable. So we’ve rounded up some outfit ideas to help you plan your wedding attire, no matter which side of the aisle you’re on!
What to wear to a wedding when you’re working the wedding
If you’re working through a wedding, comfort is key. But you also want to look your best, so you don’t stand out like a sore thumb from the rest of the wedding guests! So here are some ideas:
- Start with a comfortable dress. Something that covers you in all the right places, flatters your body, and is comfortable. Karina Dresses are handmade in the US, and their whole mission is to bring flattering, comfortable dresses to women of all shapes and sizes. We love the Kate, Patti, and Emily styles for staying covered-up and comfy all day.
- Add on layers. You never know if you’re going to be hot or cold at an event – and in most cases, you’ll probably feel both at one time or another! Grab a cardigan that looks great with everything, like Simple Sweetness, or top off a basic dress with a cropped cardi with more detail, like Much to My Grin.
- Keep those dogs from barking. Shroud your feet in comfort and they’ll keep you on your toes throughout the event. A fantastic choice for comfort shoes are Tieks ballet flats, and they come in a rainbow of colors. If your budget doesn’t quite support that option, try a pair of Dr. Scholl’s flats or some comfy Skechers instead.
What to wear to a wedding as a guest
Comfort & style are still key when you’re attending a wedding, but you’ve got a little more flexibility if you’re not going to be working the whole time. Here are our tips:
- Wear a romantic dress, but stay away from white and the actual wedding colors if you can! Try a short option like the Winnie Sheath or Peony Garden Dress, or go for bold and long with the Forest Bloom Silk Maxi or the Verda Maxi Dress.
- Wrap it up. You might get chilly if day turns to night or you head inside to a cold chapel, so be prepared with a wrap that suits any occasion! We love these Etsy options: woven shawl, navy pashmina, felted shawl, hand knit shawl.
- Kick up your heels. You want to dance the night away but still look stylish, right? Go for a pair of comfort heels, like Olin, Lennox, and Avant.
What’s your go-to wedding gear? Tell us about it in the comments below!