It’s Friday, and it’s also my birthday, so indulge me a little, please? I’m rounding up recipes for birthday cakes that I personally think would be delicious. Wanna get on a sugar high with me?
- Ice Cream Crunch – When I was a kid I always loved ice cream cakes, and that hasn’t changed!
- Chocolate pound cake – I love the dense, springy texture of a good poundcake! Sprinkle on a little powdered sugar or drizzle some royal icing or chocolate ganache and you’re good to go! Great with berries, too.
- Carrot cake – This is a favorite of mine, and I love how Buddy Valastro’s recipe doesn’t include raisins (a perfectly good way to ruin a carrot cake is to add raisins, in this birthday girl’s opinion!).
- Pumpkin spice – I LOVE pumpkin flavor, and I don’t care that it’s April and not October. The icing on the cake (hahaha, pardon the pun) for this one? The salted caramel topping. WOW.
- Cheesecake – Speaking of salted caramel, let’s kick it up a notch with this cheesecake that also has pecans. It’s three of my favorite things, in one spring-form pan!
- Ginger cake – Mmm, I love spice cakes, and this one sounds even better than Mom’s gingerbread men cookies!
- Mocha pudding cake – I don’t love pudding but I do love cake! And this one sounds great, with one of my favorite flavors: mocha! As an added bonus, for novice bakers like me, this one requires “almost no skill to make” Win win!
- Lemon curd layer cake – Topped with white chocolate buttercream, this sounds divine. I love the tart lemon combined with the sometimes too-sweet white chocolate for a perfect balance.
Have I missed your favorite flavor? Link up to a recipe in the comments!