Hello, happy readers! March is here, and that always gets people thinking about the weather. Will this month come “in like a lion,” and go “out like a lamb,” or vice versa? Maybe people don’t really bother with predictions like this any more with the invention of weather apps, but it still gives us something to talk about, I guess.
So in the spirit of the month, I’ve rounded up some of my favorites from the handmade world for lion and lamb themed creations. Here we go:
Handmade Lion Items:
- Mufasa and Simba wall art – I gotta love a good art print, and this one is both beautiful and sentimental. Perfect for a nursery.
- Kids’ lion costume – Ahhh, the cuteness! This costume is so adorable, and the price comes in at just above what you’d pay for a cheap plastic costume at Wal-Mart. Seriously worth it.
- Gold stacking lion ring – super cute, and nicely subtle. You can wear a whole pride-full.
- Lion hat for cats – My husband tells me I have a mean streak when it comes to our cat, like I enjoy it when she gets humiliated in some way. To that, all I can do is point to this picture of a cat in a costume and say, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- President Obama Riding a Lion with a Lightsaber art print – ‘Nuff said. Right?!?
- Metal Lion Sculpture – This is absolutely gorgeous. Obviously a bit spendy, but totally amazing.
Handmade Lamb Items:
- Lambswool cloche – Okay, maybe not lamb THEMED, but made from their wool which is awesome. And gorgeous. And classy. I think I need one in every color, plus a giant manor house to live in and a collection of below-stairs staffers …
- Lamb softie sewing pattern – I love toy sewing patterns, and this one from one of my favorite shops is just so sweet!
- Black and white lamb pot holders – I can’t explain it, because normally the style of these pot holders isn’t very “me,” but I want them so badly right now! I have this sudden urge to redo my whole kitchen in vintage kitsch.
- Felt lamb brooch – The knitter in me loves this and wants it for every fiber festival I ever go to, ever. So cute!
- Miniature felted lamb – I want a whole flock of them to decorate my mantle all spring. Is it just me, or is everything more adorable when it’s tiny?
- Lamb dog snood pattern – Just to prove I’m an equal-opportunity pet humiliator. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
- Silence of the Lambs cross stitch quote – I love stuff like this that looks all cutesy and home economics-like, and then your houseguests get up close and do a bit of a jump. Creepy!
Do you make lion or lamb themed items? Share them with us in the comments below!