Happy Almost Halloween, everyone! I don’t know about you, but Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. And if I’m being completely honest, mostly that’s because of one thing – CANDY!
But the thing is, I’m really trying hard to be a little bit healthier this year than I was before. I’m eating a lot more veggies, getting in daily exercise, and trying to de-stress. As you might imagine, sneaking into the kitchen after the kids are in bed and chowing down on their Trick-or-Treat loot does NOT fit into that new lifestyle I’m trying to establish for myself.
So, what’s a sugar-loving mama to do?
I’ve recently discovered that not all Halloween candy is horrible for my diet. Like many things, the key lies in moderation! A few pieces of candy won’t put me over the calorie budget, so to speak, and it’ll allow me to indulge without pigging out. Win-win!
So I’ve put together a list of low-calorie Halloween treats for all of you, too, so you can share in my sensible fun. Enjoy!
Sensible indulgence: Eat this Halloween candy for under 150 calories each:
- 10 Whoppers (malted milk balls)
- 2 Mini Snickers
- 2 pieces of taffy
- 2 Tootsie pops (the regular-sized ones)
- 2-3 Mini Reese’s cups
- 10 Gummi Bears
- 1 Fun Size 3 Musketeers bar (or 4 miniature ones)
- 15 pieces of Candy Corn
- 3 caramels (Melt those babies onto an apple and you’v also gotten in a serving of fruit!)
- 1 Fun-Size bag of M&Ms
- 1 Fun Size Almond Joy bar
- 2 Fun Size boxes of Lemonheads
- 1 Full-sized York Peppermint Pattie
- 6 Peeps Pumpkins
- 2 Tootsie Caramel Apple lollipops
- 5 Dum Dum lollipops
- 5 Hershey’s kisses
- 4 Tootsie rolls
- 1 Fun Size Butterfinger bar
- 2 Fun Size Crunch bars
- 1/2 a standard size Kit Kat (2 fingers)
- 2 mini Twix bars
- 3 Twizzlers
- 5 Starburst (or 3 of those 2-packs; I won’t tell)
- 12 Swedish Fish
- 13 Sour Patch Kids
- 23 Skittles
The trick, for me, is just to pick ONE treat off this list each day instead of, I don’t know, TEN. But hey, knowledge is power, and I’m now armed with plenty of it to try to get control of my inner demons on All Hallows Eve.