Welcome to #MakersWednesday, our favorite day of the week! Normally, we use this time to highlight our crafty and creative projects going on behind the scenes here at Patterned HQ:
This week, we’re doing something a little bit different! As we head into the summer season, sometimes life gets a little crazy. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I need the power of good ol’ peer pressure to keep me focused on my crafts at hand. So! How about joining a craft-along? There are so many to choose from, but here are a few we found that might interest you:
- Tour de Fleece – if you spin your own yarn (or you have ever wanted to learn), then this is the spin-along for you! This spin-along takes place at the same time as the Tour de France bike race – July 5 to July 27, 2014. Spin your yarns and enter to win prizes, or just get inspired by all the finished yarns posted by other participants!
- Tour de Sock – not a spinner? Why not speed-knit some socks this summer – catch up on #OperationSockDrawer and raise funds for Doctors Without Borders at the same time with this fast and friendly competition.
- Moody Afghan Crochet-Along – This crochet-along runs all year, so you can jump in any time! Crochet a different block each month of the year and at the end you’ll have a nice, cozy afghan in time for Christmas.
- Craft Book Craft-Along – If you have a pile of craft books sitting on your shelf that you never quite get around to using, now’s your chance! The Live. Love. Create blog is hosting a Craft Books Craft-along all year! Each month you can enter to win prizes simply by making something out of a crafty book or magazine (sewing, quilting, crochet, knitting, or more!) you already own.
- Summer Sampler Series – This series takes you through the process of making 12 gorgeous quilt blocks. By the end, you’ll be ready to make a quilt top! Even if you’re new to quilting, this is a great way to practice a variety of techniques and get yourself to that first finished object!
Are there any other craft-alongs you’re participating in this summer? Share them with us in the comments below, or tag us about them on Instagram and Twitter using #MakersWednesday!